Mountains leave me speechless.
Those colossal cliffs and rocky peaks rise into the sky, towering above your head like battle-hardened giants.
It’s hard not to feel humbled!
But it’s even harder to find words that do them justice.
To address the issue, I decided to compile a comprehensive list of inspiring mountain quotes and mountain captions.
Whether you’re searching for mountain captions for Instagram posts or any other purpose, here are 175 epic captions and quotes about mountains!
[Last Updated: April 2023]
175 Mountain Quotes & Mountain Captions for Instagram
I’ve split this post into two main sections, starting with mountain quotes and then moving onto some mountain captions for Instagram (with a few more quotes at the end!). I hope you find at least a few to use in your latest posts!
Heads up, you might like this post full of quotes about roads in life too.
Inspirational Mountain Quotes
Let’s start with the inspirational mountain quotes. Here’s a whole bunch of quotes about mountains from the people who know and love them best.
(Love adventure as much as mountains? You should enjoy this post too!)
My Favourite Quotes About Mountains
1. “The mountains are calling and I must go.”–John Muir
2. “You’re off to great places, today is your day.Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.”–Dr. Seuss
3. “Highest of heights, I climb this mountain and feel one with the rock and grit and solitude echoing back at me.” – Bradley Chicho
4. “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty. They keep me continuously wanting to know more, feel more, see more.” – Victoria Erikson
5. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”-Sir Edmund Hillary
6. “You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen.” – Rene Daumal
7. “The mountains were so wild and so stark and so very beautiful that I wanted to cry.” — Jane Wilson-Howarth
9. “Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!”– Nyki Mack
10. “I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go, for this earth was greater than any paradise.” - Daniel J. Rice
11. “I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life not as a competition.”–Shannon L. Alder
12. “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.”–Edward Abbey
13. “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up.”– Tyler Knott
14. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.” - William Blake
15. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
You Might Also Like These:
125 Amazing Captions about Rain
160 Uplifting Quotes about the Light
100 Unmissable Night Sky Quotes
160 Sunrise Captions and Quotes
Beautiful Mountain Hiking Quotes
16. “I love to sit on a mountain top and gaze. I don’t think of anything but the people I care about and the view.” –Julian Lennon
17. “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” - Jeffrey Rasley
18. “If you cannot understand that there is something in man which responds to the challenge of this mountain and goes out to meet it, that the struggle is the struggle of life itself upward and forever upward, then you won’t see why we go.” – Edmund Hillary
19. “I take all day to climb mountains and then spend about 10 minutes at the top admiring the view.” –Sebastian Thrun
20. “Mountains are earth’s undecaying monuments.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
21. “Nobody climbs mountains for scientific reasons. Science is used to raise money for the expeditions, but you really climb for the hell of it.” - Sir Edmund Hillary
22. “You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.”–Tom Hiddleston
24. “I like being near the top of a mountain, One can’t get lost here.” – Wislawa Szymborska
25. “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” - Conrad Anker
26. “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits”– Harley King
27. “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain – he is inspired by it. The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem – he is challenged by it. Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved. It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills.” –William Arthur Ward
28. “The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top and then go down.” – Jeanne Moreau
29. “I’m a person of the mountains and the open paddocks and the big empty sky, that’s me, and I knew if I spent too long away from all that I’d die; I don’t know what of, I just knew I’d die.” - John Marsden
30. “Without mountains, we might find ourselves relieved that we can avoid the pain of the ascent, but we will forever miss the thrill of the summit. And in such a terribly scandalous trade-off, it is the absence of pain that becomes the thief of life.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
Heads up, you might also like these nature captions for Instagram! Check them out!
Inspiring Quotes About Beautiful Mountains
31. “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.”– Greg Child
32. “In the mountains, you are sometimes invited, sometimes tolerated, and sometimes told to go home.” -Fred Beckey
33. “There are two kinds of climbers, those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe
34. “How you climb a mountain is more important than reaching the top.”- Yvon Chouinard
35. “The greatest joy in climbing is to be in charge of one’s own destiny.” - Chris Bonnington
36. “Throw me to the mountains, I’ll be at peace as long as I will live.” -Shashank Rayal
37. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
39. “You never climb the same mountain twice, not even in memory. Memory rebuilds the mountain, changes the weather, retells the jokes, remakes all the moves.” - Lito Tejada-Flores
40. “What would be ugly in a garden constitutes beauty in a mountain.” – Victor Hugogarf
41. “The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls.” – Lori Lansens
42. “I’d rather be in the mountains thinking of God than in church thinking of the mountains.” - John Muir
43. “No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied – it speaks in silence to the very core of your being.” - Ansel Adams
44. “Your faith can move mountains and your doubt can create them.” – Swami Vivekanand
45. “Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion.” - Anatoli Boukreev
Mountain Peace Quotes About Life
46. “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” - Aldous Huxley
47. “Everybody wants to reach the peak, but there is no growth on the top of a mountain. It is in the valley that we slog through, the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life’s next peak.”– Andy Andrews
48. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.”– Nemann Buhl
49. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it.” - Andy Rooney
50. “The greatest gift of life on the mountain is time. Time to think or not think, read or not read, scribble or not scribble—to sleep and cook and walk in the woods, to sit and stare at the shapes of the hills.” - Phillip Connors
51. “Climbing has shown me a courageous, strong side of myself, a beautiful bravery. Other days I’ve seen pitiful weakness. I’ve watched myself crawl, belly-flat, across a mountainous landscape of fear. Climbing has shown me that I am all those things: strong and weak, brave and cowardly, both immune to and at the mercy of the death of death, all at the same time.” — Steve House
52. “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire and some peace and quiet.” – Brooke Hampton
54. “The choices we make lead up to actual experiences. It is one thing to decide to climb a mountain. It is quite another to be on top of it.”– Herbert A. Simon
55. “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity.”–John Muir
56. “I’m always looking for a new challenge. There are a lot of mountains to climb out there. When I run out of mountains, I’ll build a new one.” – Sylvester Stallone
57. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.”– Andrew Garfield
58. “I had discovered that I am the kind of person who cannot live comfortably, tolerably, on all-flat terrain. For the sake of inner equilibrium there has to be at least one mountain range on at least one of the four quarters of my horizon-and not more than a day’s walk away.” - Edward Abbey
59. “The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.” – Robert M. Pirsig
60. “In the mountains, there are only two grades: You can either do it, or you can’t.” - Rusty Baillie
Mountain Quotes About Climbing Mountains
61. “The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself, the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” - Paulo Coelho
62. “The mainstream audience has a certain picture of what climbing is all about: man conquering mountain. But you can’t conquer a mountain, though it may conquer you.” – Jimmy Chin
63. “You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers.”–Amit Kalantri
64. “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.”–Chinese Proverb
65. “There is no such sense of solitude as that which we experience upon the silent and vast elevations of great mountains.”– J. Sheridan Le Fanu
66. “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
67. “What are men to rocks and mountains?” - Jane Austen
68. “Good climbing is about climbing with heart and with instinct, not ambition and pride.” — Bear Grylls
70. “A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exist inside you, inside your soul.” - Walter Bonatti
71. “The mountains were his masters. They rimmed in life. They were the cup of reality, beyond growth, beyond struggle and death. They were his absolute unity in the midst of eternal change.” - Thomas Wolfe
72. “Nothing lives long. Only the earth and mountains.” -Dee Brown
73. “As a professional climber, that’s the question you always get: Why, why, why? It’s an ineffable thing; you can’t describe it.” –Jimmy Chin
74. “Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. The reality of your own nature should determine the speed. If you become restless, speed up. If you become winded, slow down. You climb the mountain in an equilibrium between restlessness and exhaustion. Then, when you’re no longer thinking ahead, each footstep isn’t just a means to an end but a unique event in itself.” - Robert M. Pirsig
75. Stop staring at mountains. Climb them. It’s a harder process, but you get a better view. – Unknown
While you’re here, why not check out these 200 sunset captions for IG too!?
75 Instagram Captions for Mountains Posts
Looking for captions about mountains to use in your latest IG posts? Well, here are 75 of the best mountain captions I could find and/or write! With any luck, you’ll find all the Instagram captions for mountains you could possibly need.
My Favourite Mountain Captions for Instagram
1. Feeling moved by immovable mountains.
2. The best view comes after the hardest climb.
3. Big mountains require lots of heart. They demand that you be better, which makes you so.
4. Climbing mountain peaks. Learning life lessons.
5. A view that’s worthy of the slog to the summit.
6. Nothing brings self-learning and newfound perspective like a hike up a mountain.
7. Dreams bigger than mountains tops. Bravery in abundance to help me climb them.
8. Feeling delightfully small among the sublimity of the mountains.
10. Tackle your dreams. Climb that mountain.
11. Dream as big as the mountains you wish you climb.
12. Back breaking. Lung busting. Leg burning. A normal day in the mountains.
13. More altitude, less attitude.
14. Disconnected to the internet. Reconnected with nature.
15. Successfully reconnecting with the world.
Miscellaneous Mountain Captions for Instagram
16. Let’s go walking he said. It won’t be hard he said.
17. I don’t know the meaning of life. But I reckon you’d learn it on a mountaintop.
18. Heaven close enough to touch.
19. In the sky and above the clouds- on top of the world.
20. They said the view would be worth it. They were right.
21. Forget the question. Mountains are the answer.
22. Keep calm and climb more mountains.
24. I hate to say it at the top of a mountain, but I think my life’s peaked.
25. Daunted at the start. Bruised on the ascent. Awed at the top.
26. Feeling privileged to see the world from this perspective.
27. Silence except for my fast-beating heart.
28. And to think I didn’t want to get out of bed today.
29. Adventure. It’s what I do.
30. I looked up to the summit with incredulity in my eyes. Now, a few short hours later, I’m looking down at the ground and out to the horizon with total disbelief. So much beauty.
Inspirational Mountain Instagram Captions
31. Bruised and battered, but far from broken.
32. You don’t just look at a mountain. You stare.
33. Mountains are my happy place.
34. Sat atop a summit, at home away from home.
35. Forever climbing mountains.
37. If you ever need to feel newfound hope, climb a mountain.
38. At the bottom I’m a god. In the middle I’m a pilgrim. At the top I am nothing.
39. It wasn’t long before I realized I’d made a mistake. This journey wasn’t going to be easy. It was going to be hard. It was going to test me. And it was going to make me humble.
40. In the words of Miley Cyrus: “It’s the CLIIIIIIMMMBBB!”
41. The idea of climbing mountains is far more romantic than the reality of it. I grunted, shunted, shuffled and struggled my way up to this damn summit. But my god was it worth the effort!
42. Tested to the core. Knees, feet and ankles are sore. And what the hell for? The pursuit of more.
43. That view though.
45. The top of the world!
Memorable Instagram Caption for Mountain View
46. It might not have been Everest, but it bloody well felt like it!
47. I don’t know exactly why we climb. But I’m pretty sure it’s got something to do with the view…
48. No matter how many times I sit at a mountain summit, I can’t help but get excited about the next one.
49. Mind-boggling beauty in its purest form.
51. Mother Nature putting on a magnificent, monumental mountain show!
52. Sunrises on summits. It’s the stuff of dreams.
53. Mountaintops and amazing mates.
54. There’s something special about crisp mountain air. It’s thin and fresh and makes me want to weep. If you could buy it in a bottle I’d be first in line.
55. You can’t help feel small on a mountain this massive.
Funny Mountain Captions for Instagram (Funny Mountain Quotes!)
There’s too much seriousness in the world already! Want some funny mountain captions for Instagram instead? Check these one’s out…
(Heads up, you might also like these !)
56. You might be at the summit now, but it’s all downhill from there.
57. What do fashionable mountains wear when it’s cold? An ice cap.
58. What’s the name of the funniest mountain range in the world? The Himhilarious.
59. What’s the smartest mountain in the world? Mount Cl-Everest.
60. How about the most dangerous mountain in the world? Kill-a-man-jaro.
61. Mountain walks are the ideal first date: steep and cheerful.
62. What’s a mountain’s favourite band? Range against the machine.
63. A disappointed Dad tells a knock knock joke to his teenage son: “Knock knock.” “Who’s there?” “You’re a mountain.” “You’re a mountain, who?” “You’re a mountain to nothing, son!”
64. Why do pirates avoid mountain roads? ‘Scurvy.
65. What do you call a friendly volcano? Lava-ble.
67. Meteorologists don’t just walk up mountains. They climate.
68. Don’t just talk about climbing the mountain- do it! I mean, actions peak louder than words.
69. Did you know that anybody can jump higher than a mountain? That’s right- mountains can’t jump.
70. Why did the man from Yorkshire, UK, climb the mountain? Because it was summit to do.
71. What did the climber call his son? Cliff.
72. Solving problems in the mountains is easy. It really Alps to clear your head.
73. The mountains in Switzerland are incredible. And their flag is a big plus as well.
74. A mountain biker was chased by a Grizzly this morning. He bearly made it.
75. A group of thirsty hikers stumbled across a crystal clear mountain stream and decided to take a drink. Alas, each of them got sick as a result. The life lesson? Never judge a brook by its colour.
25 Final Quotes About Mountains to Finish
Still not found a mountain quote or caption you like? Here are 25 final mountain quotes that might do the trick.
1. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery — air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” – Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
2. “Mountains teach that not everything in this world can be rationally explained.” – Aleksander Lwow
3. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” –John Muir
4. “So this was what a mountain was like, the same as a person: the more you know, the less you fear.” – Wu Ming-Yi
5. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.”–Ed Viesturs
6. “The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows.”– Sam Cummings
7. “In a flat country, a hillock thinks itself a mountain.”– Turkish Proverb
8. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more that what we could learn from books.”– John Lubbock
9. “When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time.”– Catherine Pulsifer
10. “When preparing to climb a mountain – pack a light heart.” – Dan May
11. “Getting to the top of any given mountain was considered much less important than how one got there: prestige was earned by tackling the most unforgiving routes with minimal equipment, in the boldest style imaginable.” – Jon Krakauer
12. “The deepest sea has a bottom, the highest mountain has a summit.” – Chinese Proverb
14. “Once Everest was determined to be the highest summit on earth, it was only a matter of time before people decided that Everest needed to be climbed.” – Jon Krakauer
15. “Only mountains can feel the frozen warmth of the sun through snow’s gentle caress on their peaks.”– Munia Khan
16. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.”– Sir Martin Convay
17. “When the wind calls, you know, that somewhere in the mountains, it has found the answers that you were looking for. The pull of the horizon overcomes the inertia of reason… Andyou just have to go.”– VikramOberoi
18. “There’s a world out there, and you’ve got to look at both sides of the mountain in your lifetime.” – Bill Janklow
19. “Any coward can sit at home and criticize a pilot for flying into a mountain in a fog. But I would rather by far die on a mountainside than in bed.”– Charles Lindbergh
20. “The mountain remains unmoved at seeming defeat by the mist.” –Rabindranath Tagore
21. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Robert W. Service
22. “Every great achievement is but a small peak in the mountain range of contributions.” – Dale T. Mortensen
23. “If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options. You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it. You can dig under it. You can fly over it. You can blow it up. You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there. You can turn around and go back the way you came. Or you canstay on the mountain and make it your home.”– Vera Nazarian
24. “Life’s a bit like mountaineering – never look down.”– Edmund Hillary
25. “This mountain, the arched back of the earth risen before us, itmade me feel humble, like a beggar, just lucky to be here at all, even briefly.”– Bridget Asher
Remember These Mountain Instagram Captions & Quotes about Mountains
Finding words to describe magnificent mountains is never easy. With so much beauty on display, they’re downright ineffable by nature!
And that’s never good when you’re trying to put together the perfect mountain captions for Instagram. Know the struggle?
Well, I hope the inspirational mountain quotes and mountain Instagram captions ideas here will help. Keep them in mind and you should be one step closer to writing the best possible captions for mountains.
Like these quotes about mountains? You might enjoy these posts too!
70 Epic Quotes on the Journey [Best Journey Quotes for Life and Travel!]
200 EPIC Sunrise Quotes and Sunrise Captions for Instagram
100 Incredible Quotes on Vacation Time [Awesome Vacation Quotes!]
350 Epic Sunset Captions and Sunset Quotes for Instagram
130 Perfect Palm Tree Quotes [Plus Palm Tree Captions!]
140 Top-Quality Questions for Long Distance Relationships
30 Best Long Distance Love Poems [Romantic Long Distance Poems!]
100 Unmissable Night Sky Quotes (2022 Quotes for the Night]
150 Sky Captions for Instagram [+ Beautiful Sky Quotes]
20 Beautiful Living Abroad Quotes [Top Moving Abroad Quotes]
- Fresh air, don't care.
- Go where you feel most alive.
- The best view comes after the hardest climb.
- A little more altitude, a little less attitude.
- You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a lift pass.
- All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees.
"Human life is far more important than just getting to the top of a mountain." "Mountains teach that not everything in this world can be rationally explained." "If you think you've peaked, find a new mountain." "The deepest sea has a bottom, the highest mountain has a summit."What is a simple quote about mountain? ›
“All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees.” “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.” “Take me to the mountains.” “Climbing my way to bigger and better things.”What is the 2 mountains quote? ›
"Vale of Humility between Two Mountains of Conceit" is a phrase describing North Carolina that originated from a speech given by Mary Oates Spratt Van Landingham on 6 Mar. 1900.What is a beautiful quote about mountain? ›
“Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.”What is a majestic quote for mountains? ›
- "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir.
- "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings." - John Muir.
- "The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another." - Marianne Williamson.
- "The best view comes after the hardest climb." - Unknown.
“The secret of the mountain is that the mountains simply exist, as I do myself: the mountains exist simply, which I do not. The mountains have no "meaning," they are meaning; the mountains are.What is a motivational quote from the mountain is you? ›
- You cannot stay where you stand if you want change your perspective and life. ...
- Negative emotions=messengers. ...
- You must stop tuning out what you already know to be true. ...
- Your instinct is powerful (but it is not a fortune teller). ...
- Feelings aren't facts.
“One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.”What is a motivational quote for beautiful scenery? ›
- Slow down and enjoy life. ...
- Scenery is fine - but human nature is finer. ...
- Life is like a dogsled team. ...
- We are not victims of aging, sickness and death. ...
- Mountains are the beginning and the end of all natural scenery. ...
- A change of scenery can help everything.
A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exist inside you, inside your soul.”What mountain teaches us? ›
The mountain teaches us to look beyond what appears to our eyes. What we can learn from the mountain does not involve just technique, physical endurance and climbing. It refers to everything we cannot see either to touch but we can perceive under our skin.What are some godly quotes about mountains? ›
Psalm 72:3 – The mountains will bring peace to the people, And the little hills, by righteousness. Psalm 90:2 – Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. Psalm 95:1-5 – Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!What is an inspirational quote about moving mountains? ›
“Faith moves mountains, intelligence goes over them, wisdom goes around them, but love levels them.” “If you can't move a mountain by faith, move it by carrying away stone by stone.” “To climb great mountains you need feet of faith.” “Conquering hills today prepares you for conquering mountains tomorrow.”What is the proverb to make a mountain? ›
Making a mountain out of a molehill is an idiom referring to over-reactive, histrionic behaviour where a person makes too much of a minor issue.What is mountain top and valley quotes? ›
Be humble at the mountaintops, be strong in the valleys, and be faithful in between.
She watched the sun set behind the mountains. a cabin in the mountains They both like mountain climbing. We've received a mountain of mail.What do mountains symbolize? ›
Mountains symbolize constancy, eternity, firmness, and stillness.What are good short quotes? ›
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
- “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.” – John Muir. What is this? ...
- “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. ...
- “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. ...
- “I think, every time I'm on the mountain, I'm just so thankful to be there.” – Chloe Kim.
There can be no doubt but that these two mountains, Sinai and Zion, are designed to represent two covenants: the old covenant under Moses and the new covenant under Jesus.What is the base of the mountain quote? ›
The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.What is the mountain analogy for life? ›
The mountain as a metaphor describes an end goal, it is a point in one's life when we can truly say we have made it. It implies that you can only experience the accomplishment of life once you reach the summit.What is an inspirational quote about peaks and valleys? ›
- “You Change Your Valley Into A Peak When You Find And Use The Good That Is Hidden In The Bad Time.” ...
- “You Create A Peak When You Truly Follow Your Sensible Vision. ...
- “The Path Out Of The Valley Appears When You Choose To See Things Differently.”
“A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?”What is the Native American quote on the mountains? ›
Native American Proverb
Walk tall as the trees, Live strong as the mountains.
“The view reminded of the Haitain proverb "Beyond mountains there are mountains" which meant that when you'd solved one problem, you couldn't rest because you had to go on and solve the next.”What is an unforgettable hiking quote? ›
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu.
- “We don't stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.”
- “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think about the view from the top.”
- “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps.
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” — ...
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” — ...
- “Don't settle for average. ...
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — ...
- “Don't bunt.
“Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.”
The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top and then go down.What is the mountain step quote? ›
"You Don't Climb a Mountain By Jumping Straight To The Top. You Climb a Mountain One Effort-Filled Step At a Time."What are mountains in simple words? ›
They usually have steep, sloping sides and sharp or rounded ridges, and a high point, called a peak or summit. Most geologists classify a mountain as a landform that rises at least 1,000 feet (300 meters) or more above its surrounding area.